July 28, 2009

Once again...a Check In...

Hello my friends...though I think there are maybe none of you out there that read me still...

I am a poor blogger, and for that I have no readership, which is of course justice in itself.

Life here in the foothills of the Japanese Alps is going beautifully. ManInCharge and myself have just begun our long awaited, much anticipated summer vacation. After a hair-raising first term we have put school behind us for two weeks and are off to explore South East Asia. We both think this sounds much more fun than the mandatory seminars at school that our students will be participating in during their summer vacations...

My toes are green with envy...well, the nails anyway. Our first night is booked {due to a 10:50pm arrival in Bangkok, neither of us wanted to relive the trauma of Guayaquil}. We have, per usual Team Cotey outings planned absolutely nothing and are thrilled to see where in the world we will take us. {I am bound and determined to prove my moxy with ManInCharge who has taken to calling me a travel wuss...}

Well, that is all. July is grand...the rice is growing taller and the crickets sing us to sleep most nights. Speaking of nights, ManInCharge rescued my basil plant from a slug last night. He is an angel. {MiC - not Mr. Slug} Since the end of the rainy season a few weeks ago I am happy to report that the rain has....continued...without stop, much like during the rainy season...but being one who doesn't like to complain, I would like to point out that the constant drenching has produced a verdant and lush mountain retreat for ManInCharge and myself. The temperatures climb around noon and then the afternoon rain cools us right back down. Sometimes I think I live in heaven itself...and then a minivan drives by blaring nonsensical noise pollution and I remember...silly Tree, this isn't heaven, it's Japan.

Either way, this girl is happy. She is off on her travels and hopes to return with a wicked tan, her completed scuba cert, plenty of snapshots and a noggin full of memories of that time she and ManInCharge went tooling around South East Asia with no itinerary...ahhh, this is the life! See you soon...in a few weeks...so not that soon I suppose...

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails