April 25, 2010

夜桜 avoided, date achieved

Another item on my "must do before we leave Japan" was ticked off this afternoon.  
The weather was gorgeous and we had a great time.
We took our photo for posterity's sake.  {Though one of us might have been eating potato chips.} Then we relaxed and enjoyed one heck of a Dagwood.  We laid back and enjoyed watching the cherry blossoms.  We ate some pretzels and watched more blossoms.  At which point ManInCharge took the camera and made me laugh.  There was a lot of laughing and silly face making.  ManInCharge gave back the camera.  I went wandering while ManInCharge concentrated on fixing something I broke.  Then we packed up, walked down the hill and came home.

While today's picnic was indeed a dinner under the blossoms, we opted to dine mid-afternoon, and so our night viewing has eluded me once more.  There is enough of a nip in the air still that I don't mind in the slightest.  Evenings are still meant for mugs of tea and big orange sweatshirts and lots of hugs to my husband.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails