April 23, 2010

Fashion Moments...


japanese fashion, originally uploaded by RIDSNAP.
Saturday A.M. Flickr finds.
This is for LilSis.
When I close my eyes and think Japanese fashion - I kind of draw a blank.
In Japan, style is individualized, and yet weirdly communal at the same time.
When I ask my kids their impression of US fashion they say 'simple', 'plain', 'safe'.
Here is a photo montage of the middle ground for the hipsters.
Most of these photos were snapped in Harijuku.
And so to say this is Japan is like saying NYC or LA are representative of the US. 
I tried to find a medium.
Most certainly there are extreme fashionistas who go well beyond.
I also found it tough to find the 'little house on the prairie' chic look.
But.
This is not the vast majority.
Most people wear what I would call normal clothes.
Japanese fashion makes it easy not to worry about what I wear.
There is no real fitting in.
Unless you choose to dress to express - that is fashion after all.

japanese fashion, originally uploaded by RIDSNAP.


japanese fashion, originally uploaded by RIDSNAP.


Bow Tie & Hat in Harajuku, originally uploaded by tokyofashion.


Taketshita Hats, originally uploaded by tokyofashion.


japan_street&people_2008, originally uploaded by marieke_holthuis.


japan_street&people_2008, originally uploaded by marieke_holthuis.

I hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails