April 13, 2010

seven things

you might not know about me...

First.  I have a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles skin up on my iGoogle home page and am not ashamed.  I might even go as far as saying I think that that all components teenagers, mutants, ninjas and turtles are some of my favorite things and so when melted into one concept are just simply rad.

Second.  I am deathly afraid of snakes.  One of my favorite things about my years in Ireland was the lack of legless reptiles on that isle.  Two nights ago I had a dream where I was swimming through a stream with ManInCharge.  Every time I tried to climb up on the banks there were Habu {a particularly ferocious Japanese snake that I teach about but have NEVER seen} on the banks.  I woke up in a cold sweat and decided that I would never swim anywhere but a pool or the ocean again.  I am pretty serious about that decision.  Snakes are so yuck-o.
photo by Annya Okinawa

Third.  I am really going to miss teaching these kids.  I have roughly twelve weeks left with these kiddos and I am in love with the new ones I have met this week.  I love what I do.  It is so apparent when I have success because the looks change from boredom/confusion to nods of understanding.  {Or maybe they know that I stop talking at them when they nod.}

Fourth.  I get cranky when tired.  Poor ManInCharge.

Fifth.  I wake up at least once every night and have to go to the bathroom.  I hope that this is a Japan only habit because I really don't like leaving the warmth of the bedroom to take a trip to the potty.  Even if the seat is heated.


Sixth.  When I read or write, I am most comfortable doubled-over with my eyes about two inches from the paper.  I think it is a habit I formed before I got glasses, but one I have never broken and it helps me concentrate.

Seventh.  I love my husband.  I really, really love him.  Do you know him?  If you do, I am sure you love him too.  He is really awesome.  He's kinda bossy too, but just to me because otherwise I would be more than a little out of control.  Everyday I am happy that he's in charge because I would be more than a little bossy and lost at the same time and that spells one thing: T.R.O.U.B.L.E.

One more for fun.  Today in class I explained my name by drawing a tree on the board & dancing around the room.  Tree-sa.  It was amazing.  For the first time ever my kids called me by my name instead of  サ{telesa}.  
My juju is missing at the moment.  I blame being back in the pool {After a three month closure my municipal pool is back open and I have resumed the swimming. I miss the pool being closed.} So, this is all I've got for now. Also, ManInCharge has decreed that it is bedtime so only random facts one and two got delicious illustration...but who really needs to see an illustration of number four anyway.  Considering number seven, I really had better stop typing now. *waves*

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails