September 22, 2010

...hair-ties a new source of water...

Boy this week has been a bit full compared to last.  I blame a nine mile walk across Chapel Hill and back on Monday as well as double dollar coupons at Harris Teeter.  But, that's not what I'm writing about now.

Yesterday morning I noticed that my beside the bed hair-tie holder was missing.
I looked for it on the floor but it wasn't there.  I figured it would turn up and it did, in the most peculiar of spots, on Phil's bedside table.  I thought..."that bugger, I wonder why he snatched it?"  Since it was empty, I moved it back to my side of the bed and deposited my hairties in it once more.  {LilSis...I am addicted to the freebies from Japanese hotels as you can see...thank you for sharing your spoils...the orange one is in my hair as I type.}

I didn't really think about it until we were getting ready for bed last night.  I was tucked in reading Ghandi's Passion and he was doing his squats and I thought it would be a good time to ask.

I said "Hey, why did you steal my hair-tie holder thingy last night?"  {That's me.  Always so kind when I ask questions.}  And.  Phil's eyes almost bugged out of his head.  He looked at me and said "Oh, that's what that is!"  Apparently early in the morning hours on Tuesday I had woken Phil up and insisted on him taking a drink of water.

I handed him the bowl of hair ties.  He assumed maybe I had run out of cups and thought that I was being nice.  Since he was thirsty he took a sip.  He was a wee bit disappointed that there was no water in the bowl.

There was, however, a fairly long conversation involving fears of the impending drought, water conservation, dehydration and the need to drink up every last drop because water is a precious resource.  But, don't take my word for it.  I was asleep, even though I was the one doing the lecturing.  At some point the dire water shortage fears must have been allayed because I collapsed into a snoring pile, leaving a slightly confused spouse who put the empty water bowl on his side of the bed and fell back to sleep as well. 

Phil had quite a few questions of his own.  Like, why didn't I share the full cup of water that was perched on my bedside table, and why would I drink out of such a small bowl, and what was that bowl made of.  Needless to say, we collapsed into giggles.  And then.  I made sure we both had glasses of water by the bed.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails